Today the first phase of the RESC.Info proof of concept at Safety Region Twente was evaluated. Since September 1st 2012 Safety Region Twente and netage.nl conducted a test to investigate the usability of the system in Twente
The intention of the proof of concept was to get answers to the following questions:
- Will the connection to the GMS dispatch system work as expected
- Does the system provide the same added value in Enschede as it does at the stations of Amsterdam
- How does the system fit in the existing infrastructure of Twente
- Can the alternate dispatch method of Twente be implemented in the system.
The evaluation did not just include the operation of the current implementation, but also included an outlook at the next steps.
The following points were evaluated:
- The connection to GMS works fine. The chosen method generates the correct data to feed the RESC.Info system
- The team at station Enschede is enthusiastic about the added value the monitor brings.
- The deployment methods used in Twente can be integrated in the system
- The IBM WebSphere and DB2 environments were easy to deploy in the existing IT infrastructure